From housewife to teacher, Shilpa`s new makeover
Mumbai: Actress Shilpa Shinde, best remembered as housewife Koyal Ghotak Narayan in `Chidiya Ghar`, will now be seen on the small screen as a Catholic teacher in comedy serial `Lapataganj - Ek Baar Phir`.
"I am playing a character of Marry Demello in the serial. Marry is a teacher and has come to stay in Lapataganj. Playing a Catholic girl, with a positive approach towards life and filled with energy, she knows her traditional values and she is always seen in modern and western clothes," said Shilpa in a statement.
"Comedy is not easy, but my past roles have given me much needed experience in it. Hope people like it and they will like my new serial, new role and new look," added the actress, who did comic roles in "Chidiya Ghar" and "Bechara Big B".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Kahaani 2 trailer alert: Vidya Balan as Durga Rani Singh will leave you enchanted
- Kajol on board Salman Khan’s Dabangg 3?
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Kahaani 2 new poster: Vidya Balan is a 'wanted' mother this time!
- Bigg Boss 10: Will Om Swami be the next India wala to face eviction?
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi gets too close to Monalisa; celebrities tell Bhojpuri star to beware
- Shivaay: Ajay Devgn turns 'prankster' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Bigg Boss 10: India wali Priyanka Jagga gets eliminated
- The Voice India Kids: Nishtha Sharma wins trophy