From housewife to teacher, Shilpa`s new makeover
Mumbai: Actress Shilpa Shinde, best remembered as housewife Koyal Ghotak Narayan in `Chidiya Ghar`, will now be seen on the small screen as a Catholic teacher in comedy serial `Lapataganj - Ek Baar Phir`.
"I am playing a character of Marry Demello in the serial. Marry is a teacher and has come to stay in Lapataganj. Playing a Catholic girl, with a positive approach towards life and filled with energy, she knows her traditional values and she is always seen in modern and western clothes," said Shilpa in a statement.
"Comedy is not easy, but my past roles have given me much needed experience in it. Hope people like it and they will like my new serial, new role and new look," added the actress, who did comic roles in "Chidiya Ghar" and "Bechara Big B".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Adah Sharma gears up for action-packed 'Commando 2' – View pics
- Prince's 'Purple Rain' jacket set for auction
- Wanted to do something in English: Jacqueline Fernandez
- These workout pictures, video of Karan Patel will make you hit the gym!
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Yes I am upset with Mika: Krushna Abhishek speaks on singer shooting for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?