From housewife to teacher, Shilpa`s new makeover
Mumbai: Actress Shilpa Shinde, best remembered as housewife Koyal Ghotak Narayan in `Chidiya Ghar`, will now be seen on the small screen as a Catholic teacher in comedy serial `Lapataganj - Ek Baar Phir`.
"I am playing a character of Marry Demello in the serial. Marry is a teacher and has come to stay in Lapataganj. Playing a Catholic girl, with a positive approach towards life and filled with energy, she knows her traditional values and she is always seen in modern and western clothes," said Shilpa in a statement.
"Comedy is not easy, but my past roles have given me much needed experience in it. Hope people like it and they will like my new serial, new role and new look," added the actress, who did comic roles in "Chidiya Ghar" and "Bechara Big B".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Have learnt a lot from Govinda: Kapil Sharma
- Oops! No 'Sultan' promotions by Salman Khan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Nana Patekar to soon introduce Anil Kapoor's '24' season 2!
- Superhero 'Captain Vyom' to be relaunched on digital platform
- New season of 'Shaktimaan' will show origin of superhero!