Genelia to be replaced as show host
New Delhi: Bollywood actress Genelia D`Souza will not be hosting the second season of UTV Bindass show "Big Switch" as the channel plans to rope in a fresh face.
"`Big Switch` will be back with a new concept altogether. It will be very interesting and we will look at a different host this time. That time Genelia was available, and our budgets were in place, so that’s how she came on board," Nikhil Gandhi, business head, said.
The show, aired earlier this year, featured 10 rich children who gave up their comfortable lifestyles to fulfil the dreams of slum children. It highlighted the humble beginnings of a few dreamers in slums, the shift of lifestyle for the rich kids as well as the fulfilment of one lucky dreamer’s wish.
Gandhi feels that the concept was a winner.
"More than the host, what worked in favour of the show was the concept. We also adopted a slum in Mumbai and we actually cleaned it up for a year. A whole lot of celebrities joined us in the movement. But this time, the concept is going to be different."
"Though we can’t share much as it is still getting formalised, but it will shake a lot of people," added Gandhi.
"Big Switch 2" is expected to go on air by September-October and details of the new concept will be announced soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals