Gillian Anderson set for BBC`s "Great Expectations"
New York: Gillian Anderson is slowly cornering the market on lead roles in TV adaptations of Charles Dickens classics.
Six years after starring in the critically acclaimed 2005 adaptation of ‘Bleak House,’ the "X-Files" star will play Miss Haversham in a new version of "Great Expectations."
She has been a target of the project for more than a month.
Production on the miniseries has already begun. The three-part drama will air on BBC One this Christmas to celebrate the 200th birthday of Dickens in 2012. There is no word yet on when "Great Expectations" will be scheduled for U.S. broadcasts.
Ray Winstone ("Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull") has signed on to play escaped criminal Magwitch and relative newcomer Douglas Booth will play the orphan hero, Pip. Among other key roles, "Poirot" actor David Suchet will play Jagger and Mark Addy, who played the hedonistic King Robert Baratheon in HBO`s "Game of Thrones," takes on Pumblechook.
The miniseries will be a reworking of the classic by Sarah Phelps, who also adapted "Oliver Twist" for the BBC in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 726: Pragya slams evil trio Alia, Tanu & Nikhil
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'
- 'Bigg Boss' season 10: Manu Punjabi exits Salman Khan's show?
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput's 'Koffee date' with Karan'!