‘Glee’ stars pay tribute to the late Whitney Houston
London: The cast of American musical comedy-drama television series delivered a series of tributes to the late Whitney Houston in an episode.
Houston`s biggest hits were performed on the show, including a surprise rendition of her more recent song `It`s Not Right But It`s Ok`, reported Contactmusic.
The characters in the musical used the songs to convey their feelings. The theme being graduation was about acceptance and moving on and seemed apt given the tragic death of Houston, 48, in February.
The episode was a celebration of Houston`s career, and Rachel and Santana did a routine to `So Emotional`.
Brittany and Santana performed `I Wanna Dance With Somebody`, hinting at romance between the two.
"So excited for tonight`s episode though! Our tribute to the amazing Whitney," Glee star Lea Michele tweeted before the episode aired.
The Glee tribute was the second most notable tribute to Whitney Houston, following American Idol`s Whitney themed show.
The singer was found dead in her Beverly Hilton hotel room in February. She drowned in her bathtub after suffering a massive heart attack caused by prolonged drug abuse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'