Goa to host first Indian TV festival
Mumbai: The Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) Friday announced the launch of a two-day Indian TV Fest, to be held in Goa in November.
The festival, scheduled for Nov 2-3, will play host to interactive seminars, key-note sessions, events, content, business services technology and service pavilions, performances and sporting activities.
It will be attended by key members of the country`s TV industry.
"This is more than just a festival. It`s an opportunity for Indian and global broadcasters to grow in a market that`s considered to be the fastest growing," Uday Shankar, IBF president, said in a statement Friday.
"With a current reach of over 140 million homes, the market with a population of 1.2 billion holds a great opportunity and the event is an ideal platform to look at opportunities that lie ahead for augmenting this dynamic industry," he added.
Among the festival`s core committee members are Sunil Lulla, Keertan Adyanthaya, Monica Tata and Lydia Buthello.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?