Govinda to judge fashion reality show
Mumbai: Actor Govinda is set to judge a reality show titled ‘Indian Model Hunt 2013’. He says despite being in filmdom for close to three decades, he has never been famous for his fashion and style.
"It has been 27 years as an actor. I became famous as an actor, then star and then became an MP (member of parliament). But in these 27 years, it never happened that people said `Govinda is famous for fashion`," the 50-year-old said here at the press conference of "Indian Model Hunt 2013".
"Earlier people used to say that I cannot become an actor, but I became (an actor), they said I cannot be a star but I became a star, then they said I cannot become a leader (MP), but I became," he added.
After making his debut in ‘Ilzaam’ in 1986, Govinda has appeared in over 120 films. Initially, he worked in different genres of films, but he gained more recognition as a comedy actor and went on to do deliver hit comedies like ‘Aankhen’, ‘Raja Babu’, ’Coolie No. 1’, ‘Hero No. 1’ and ‘Haseena Maan Jayegi’.
He later joined politics, and was elected from the Mumbai North Constituency in 2004.
Now through ‘Indian Model Hunt 2013’, Govinda is looking forward to do something different in the world of fashion.
Produced by P.T. Das, ‘Indian Model Hunt 2013’ is a reality show which will feature talented contestants from across the country.
"People (from fashion industry) say that Govinda can never do anything amazing in fashion. So when these people (show`s producers) approached me, I thought I should do something in fashion, which has never happened before," said Govinda, who had earlier hosted the TV game show ‘Jeeto Chappar Phad Ke’ in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' creates history, to have India's first Live Virtual Reality event
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Shilpa Shinde's accusation of sexual harassment is 'false', says 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer's wife
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG