‘Guthi’ solely belongs to the makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: Public notice
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ have issued a public notice, cautioning anyone and everyone against using their intellectual property.
The TV network airing the show has the “sole, exclusive , absolute and unlimited ownership rights on all the Intellectual Property rights of the Artist associated with the Program”, an excerpt from the notice read.
The notice was issued after news of Sunil Grover (who essayed the role of ‘Guthi’), being offered a similar show by a rival channel, was doing the rounds in the TV world.
In the public notice, the makers have clearly stated that ‘Guthi’ is solely their intellectual property and that no one can reproduce “‘Guthi’ and/or mannerisms and characteristic features of ‘Guthi’.”
Sunil Grover, who quit the show, had earlier tweeted - “I`m an entertainer. This stage or that stage, this character or that. My goal is to entertain even if mediums change. Indebted to CNWK 4eva! (sic).”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'