‘Guthi’ solely belongs to the makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: Public notice
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ have issued a public notice, cautioning anyone and everyone against using their intellectual property.
The TV network airing the show has the “sole, exclusive , absolute and unlimited ownership rights on all the Intellectual Property rights of the Artist associated with the Program”, an excerpt from the notice read.
The notice was issued after news of Sunil Grover (who essayed the role of ‘Guthi’), being offered a similar show by a rival channel, was doing the rounds in the TV world.
In the public notice, the makers have clearly stated that ‘Guthi’ is solely their intellectual property and that no one can reproduce “‘Guthi’ and/or mannerisms and characteristic features of ‘Guthi’.”
Sunil Grover, who quit the show, had earlier tweeted - “I`m an entertainer. This stage or that stage, this character or that. My goal is to entertain even if mediums change. Indebted to CNWK 4eva! (sic).”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!