‘Guthi’ solely belongs to the makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: Public notice
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ have issued a public notice, cautioning anyone and everyone against using their intellectual property.
The TV network airing the show has the “sole, exclusive , absolute and unlimited ownership rights on all the Intellectual Property rights of the Artist associated with the Program”, an excerpt from the notice read.
The notice was issued after news of Sunil Grover (who essayed the role of ‘Guthi’), being offered a similar show by a rival channel, was doing the rounds in the TV world.
In the public notice, the makers have clearly stated that ‘Guthi’ is solely their intellectual property and that no one can reproduce “‘Guthi’ and/or mannerisms and characteristic features of ‘Guthi’.”
Sunil Grover, who quit the show, had earlier tweeted - “I`m an entertainer. This stage or that stage, this character or that. My goal is to entertain even if mediums change. Indebted to CNWK 4eva! (sic).”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Priyanka Chopra downs tequila shot on Television, quips about how Indians love spirits
- 'How I Met Your Mother' inspired by 9/11 attacks, revealed creators