‘Guthi’ solely belongs to the makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’: Public notice
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The makers of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ have issued a public notice, cautioning anyone and everyone against using their intellectual property.
The TV network airing the show has the “sole, exclusive , absolute and unlimited ownership rights on all the Intellectual Property rights of the Artist associated with the Program”, an excerpt from the notice read.
The notice was issued after news of Sunil Grover (who essayed the role of ‘Guthi’), being offered a similar show by a rival channel, was doing the rounds in the TV world.
In the public notice, the makers have clearly stated that ‘Guthi’ is solely their intellectual property and that no one can reproduce “‘Guthi’ and/or mannerisms and characteristic features of ‘Guthi’.”
Sunil Grover, who quit the show, had earlier tweeted - “I`m an entertainer. This stage or that stage, this character or that. My goal is to entertain even if mediums change. Indebted to CNWK 4eva! (sic).”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as an adorably badass superhero is a treat for kids!
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- Risks are essential, but overrated: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Oops! Iulia Vantur 'just friends' with Salman Khan? Full story inside
- Aashif Sheikh turns ragpicker on 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'
- Revealed! Why there is no new season of Aamir Khan's 'Satyamev Jayate'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 649— Abhi, Pragya's interaction continues!
- Go Go Govinda! Jacqueline Fernandez happily poses with the dancing legend on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 648—Destiny makes Abhi meet Pragya again!