Has Aamir Khan’s ‘Satyamev Jayate’ inspired BBC’s ‘The Outsider’?
Mumbai: While Aamir Khan’s show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is nearing its end, the impact of the programme is being felt far and wide. The show after gaining unanimous appreciation from all corners of India seems to have inspired the think-tanks of a first world country’s television industry.
News has it that Tim Sebastian, the man behind BBC`s famous talk show ‘Hard Talk’, has plans to start an issue-based television programme, focusing on socio-political problems in India.
It is being reported that just like Aamir’s show, Tim’s show, titled ‘The Outsider’, too would have 13 - episodes which would be telecast sometime in October this year.
As of now, it is known that Tim is conducting research for his show. On being asked why he chose India as his point of focus, Tim Sebastian said, "Why not India? It is among the youngest countries in the world. It has an amazing amount of demographic figures, so many languages, so many cultures and so many people."
On being prodded further about the show and if he has seen Aamir Khan`s ‘Satyamev Jayate’ that also deals with a similar concept, Tim Sebastian said, "I have gone through a few similar shows in India but not Aamir`s. I have been told that our shows are very different. His is a chat show, while mine involves a debate that I will be moderating."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan tunrs astronaut for reality show!- WATCH
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- We need more disabled people working in TV: RJ Mitte
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside