Has Aamir Khan’s ‘Satyamev Jayate’ inspired BBC’s ‘The Outsider’?
Mumbai: While Aamir Khan’s show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is nearing its end, the impact of the programme is being felt far and wide. The show after gaining unanimous appreciation from all corners of India seems to have inspired the think-tanks of a first world country’s television industry.
News has it that Tim Sebastian, the man behind BBC`s famous talk show ‘Hard Talk’, has plans to start an issue-based television programme, focusing on socio-political problems in India.
It is being reported that just like Aamir’s show, Tim’s show, titled ‘The Outsider’, too would have 13 - episodes which would be telecast sometime in October this year.
As of now, it is known that Tim is conducting research for his show. On being asked why he chose India as his point of focus, Tim Sebastian said, "Why not India? It is among the youngest countries in the world. It has an amazing amount of demographic figures, so many languages, so many cultures and so many people."
On being prodded further about the show and if he has seen Aamir Khan`s ‘Satyamev Jayate’ that also deals with a similar concept, Tim Sebastian said, "I have gone through a few similar shows in India but not Aamir`s. I have been told that our shows are very different. His is a chat show, while mine involves a debate that I will be moderating."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- Bigg Boss 10: Marriage REAL, says Monalisa’s boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot
- Sunil Grover does a ‘Raees’ a la Shah Rukh Khan! See PICS
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa, boyfriend Vikrant Singh Rajpoot’s marriage ceremony to be held inside the house?
- Bigg Boss 10: Is this the special clause in Rohan Mehra’s contract?
- Priyanka Chopra talks about men in India and abroad on ‘Koffee With Karan’