Has Aamir Khan’s ‘Satyamev Jayate’ inspired BBC’s ‘The Outsider’?
Mumbai: While Aamir Khan’s show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ is nearing its end, the impact of the programme is being felt far and wide. The show after gaining unanimous appreciation from all corners of India seems to have inspired the think-tanks of a first world country’s television industry.
News has it that Tim Sebastian, the man behind BBC`s famous talk show ‘Hard Talk’, has plans to start an issue-based television programme, focusing on socio-political problems in India.
It is being reported that just like Aamir’s show, Tim’s show, titled ‘The Outsider’, too would have 13 - episodes which would be telecast sometime in October this year.
As of now, it is known that Tim is conducting research for his show. On being asked why he chose India as his point of focus, Tim Sebastian said, "Why not India? It is among the youngest countries in the world. It has an amazing amount of demographic figures, so many languages, so many cultures and so many people."
On being prodded further about the show and if he has seen Aamir Khan`s ‘Satyamev Jayate’ that also deals with a similar concept, Tim Sebastian said, "I have gone through a few similar shows in India but not Aamir`s. I have been told that our shows are very different. His is a chat show, while mine involves a debate that I will be moderating."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more