HBO, Eros to launch two ad-free channels in India
Mumbai: HBO Asia and Eros International Plc have joined hands to launch two new premium advertising-free movie channels in India.
The channels have been named HBO DEFINED and HBO HITS. This alliance is aimed at bringing the best of Hollywood and Bollywood together to the country.
"I`m very excited about building the Eros brand in Premium Pay Television, particularly with an industry leader such as HBO Asia. We look forward to cultivating new spaces together in India and especially the development of HBO content for TV and online," Kishore Lulla, executive chairman, Eros International Plc, sid in a statement.
Jonathan Spink, CEO of HBO Asia, too is looking forward to the association.
"The opportunity to work with Eros is tremendous and together we will aim to deliver a first class cinema experience in the comfort of your home, 100 per cent advertising free.
"We are equally excited to work with Eros in developing compelling original content for the Indian audience. We look forward to more good things to come," said Spink.
Further details about the channels and their launch date will be announced at a later date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- THIS 'Bigg Boss 10' commoner contestant bags a Bollywood film?
- Kangana Ranaut says Mumbai relatively safer
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof
- Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10' sets bring back 'Karan Arjun' memories!