Helen Mirren replacing Bette Midler in HBO biopic
Los Angeles: Helen Mirren is moving on from her "Arthur" co-star Russell Brand to work on a movie about another wild-maned man.
The "Elizabeth I" star has been tapped to replace Bette Midler in HBO`s upcoming Phil Spector biopic, the actress` publicist confirmed to TheWrap.
Midler was forced to bow out last week, after suffering a herniated disc. Mirren will assume the role of Linda Kenney Baden, one of Spector`s defense attorneys during his trial for the murder of actress/nightclub hostess Lana Clarkson.
Al Pacino plays the ill-fated record producer in the as-yet-untitled movie, which will co-star "Arrested Development" alum Jeffrey Tambor as defense attorney Bruce Cutler.
Aside from the injury-related recasting, the production ran into another potential hurdle last week, when friends of Clarkson`s threatened to organize a protest over the project. They`ve expressed fears regarding how writer/director David Mamet -- who told members of the press that he doubted Spector`s guilt over the murder -- would portray the circumstances of Clarkson`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Miley Cyrus tapped as 'key adviser' for 'The Voice'
- When Salman Khan visited Katrina Kaif on the sets of ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’
- Krushna Abhishek breaks his silence on replacing Kapil Sharma