I agreed to be part of `Yudh` for Amitabh Bachchan: Sarika
New Delhi: Actress Sarika is making her small screen debut opposite Amitabh Bachchan in `Yudh` and she says it was because of the megastar that she agreed to be part of the fiction-based series.
The 53-year-old actress has previously worked with Bachchan in films like `Nastik`, `Satte Pe Satta` and the yet-to-be released Shoojit Sircar film `Shoebite`.
"I said yes to be part of `Yudh` because of Mr Bachchan. We worked together in two films earlier. There were alright. Then we did `Shoebite` together which was a brilliant experience. When they approached me for this series I had to say yes as I had a wonderful time working with him in `Shoebite," Sarika said.
The actress, last seen on the big screen in `Club 60`, says she is glad she decided to be part of the series as she got the opportunity to work with great creative talent including director Ribhu Dasgupta, creative director Anurag Kashyap and her `Shoebite` director Shoojit Sircar, who is the creative consultant, besides Bachchan.
"I am privileged to be part of `Yudh`. For me it is special because it is my first television experience. And I think I could not have got a better project than this to make my small screen debut. Everyone involved with this project is very talented be it the cast or the crew," she said.
`Yudh` has been co-produced by Bachchan`s production company Saraswati Creations and Endemol India. The show will go on air from next month.
Sarika`s daughters Shruti and Akshara with ex-husband Kamal Haasan are also in the film industry. While Shruti made a foray into films in 2009, her younger daughter Akshara is set to make her Bollywood debut opposite Bachchan in R Balki`s next `Shamitabh`.
"I feel a lot of happiness and lot of gratitude that we three are in the same space, working together at the same time and I think somebody up there has planned it and is being very nice to us," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Emraan Hashmi-starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Paltrow launches line of gluten-free organic ready meals
- I always apologise for 'Batman & Robin': George Clooney
- Kelly Rutherford awarded sole custody of her two children
- Vanessa Hudgens suffering from tendinitis
- Shah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, advised rest
- Gul Panag launches fitness app in Mumbai
- Michelle Obama packs a punch, accepts workout challenge
- Want to lose weight? Eat little, but often
- Tom Hardy reveals painful drug-addled past
- Portia De Rossi opens up about early struggle with bulimia, anorexia
- Tanuja, daughters create breast cancer awareness
- Meditation should be part of school curriculum: Shoojit Sircar
- Zoe Saldana has banished 'diet'
- Mandira Bedi turns fitness guru
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla