I aim to compete with Varun, Sidharth: TV actor Karan Kundra
Mumbai: `Kitni Mohabbat Hai` star Karan Kundra is now worried about being compared to other TV actors entering Bollywood and rather aims to compete with Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra.
Karan, 29, who made his Bollywood debut with Vikram Bhat`s `Horror Story`, feels there is no contest between him and his contemporaries on TV.
"I don`t feel any competition with TV actors because I am already at par with them. In fact, I want to make myself able enough to compete with the Varun Dhawan and Sidharth Malhotra in the industry. That`s my aim," Karan said.
The small screen has seen many of its popular faces like Sushant Singh Rajput, Jay Bhanushali and Sidharth Shukla transitioning to Bollywood in recent times.
Karan, however, says he will continue to juggle between the two mediums. The actor, who was last seen on TV in reality show `Gumraah`, is returning to fiction with a love story `Fannah`, where he plays the role of a vampire. He will also be seen in `Dil Phire`.
"This is a cool show and the role is very real. The time is of real characters, no one wants to watch nice and good people. My role has negative shades and is more relatable," he said.
The MTV show is a finite series of six months and might have more seasons if the first one works. The actor, who is currently shooting for a Punjabi film, finds the concept of fixed duration shows great and thinks daily soaps are not cool anymore.
"`Fannah` is not a daily soap. Daily soaps are uncool and hectic. I like having time for myself. Actors on TV don`t have a life, they only work, this is something I can`t do and as I also do films, a finite series is manageable for me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- Nach Baliye 8: Will Yuvraj Singh - Hazel Keech be a part of dance show?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?