I am starting a new innings with TV: Anil Kapoor
Jaipur: Actor Anil Kapoor feels excited about his upcoming debut TV show `24` and says it is a beginning of his new career.
The thriller based espionage series, which is a remake of the American series `24`, will go on air from next month.
"I spent over 30 years in film industry and now I am on small screen, which I feel is a new career. It`s exciting," Kapoor, who was in the city to promote his upcoming debut TV fiction `24`, said.
The actor recalled his beginning and said that he visited Jaipur during the release of his first film `Wo Saat Din`.
To change the content of small screen, he decided to bring the American series to India.
"In the beginning, there used to be good serials and programmes on TV like `Buniyad` and `Ramayan` but with the course of time, situation changed and good serials disappeared. Youths today are far away from TV screens. In this scenario, I believe that the upcoming fiction will positively change the situation," he said.
The show starting Anil as Jai Singh Rathore also includes Mandira Bedi, Neil Bhoopalam, Tisca Chopra, Anita Raaj, Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Rahul Khanna and Richa Chadda as the starcast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu's gorgeous bride avatar on Femina Wedding Times cover! See PIC
- Good news! Fawad Khan to become daddy dear a second time
- Bhai-Bhai! Shah Rukh Khan CYCLING with Salman Khan will wash away your morning blues
- Planning a monsoon wedding? Here’s a perfect guide for you
- Size 'DOES' matter in bedroom, says new research
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm
- Riteish Deshmukh to host Marathi quiz show