I am starting a new innings with TV: Anil Kapoor
Jaipur: Actor Anil Kapoor feels excited about his upcoming debut TV show `24` and says it is a beginning of his new career.
The thriller based espionage series, which is a remake of the American series `24`, will go on air from next month.
"I spent over 30 years in film industry and now I am on small screen, which I feel is a new career. It`s exciting," Kapoor, who was in the city to promote his upcoming debut TV fiction `24`, said.
The actor recalled his beginning and said that he visited Jaipur during the release of his first film `Wo Saat Din`.
To change the content of small screen, he decided to bring the American series to India.
"In the beginning, there used to be good serials and programmes on TV like `Buniyad` and `Ramayan` but with the course of time, situation changed and good serials disappeared. Youths today are far away from TV screens. In this scenario, I believe that the upcoming fiction will positively change the situation," he said.
The show starting Anil as Jai Singh Rathore also includes Mandira Bedi, Neil Bhoopalam, Tisca Chopra, Anita Raaj, Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Rahul Khanna and Richa Chadda as the starcast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ryan Gosling lends 'feminine energy' in bromance with Russell Crowe in 'The Graham Norton Show'
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside