I`d love to be called actor, not comedian: Kiku Sharda
New Delhi: He makes TV viewers burst with laughter with his drag act as Palak of `Comedy Nights With Kapil`, but Kiku Sharda says he`d rather be called an actor than a "comedian".
Kiku, who`s dancing away to glory for the the seventh season of the celebrity dance show `Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa` these days, is also participating in the competition in his character Palak.
"I have been working in the industry for the past 11 years. I would loved to be called an actor, and not comedian," said Kiku.
He is pleased that his character Palak has achieved a unique identity, and more so as the makers of `Jhalak...` want `Palak` to rock the dance floor with `her` amusing dance movements.
"The show wants Palak to participate. My character has got its own individuality after the `Comedy Nights...`. People recognise me as Palak. I`m quite happy that Palak has attained an identity," Kiku said.
`Jhalak...` went on air on Colors June 7 with filmmaker Karan Johar, choreographer-director Remo D`Souza and actress Madhuri Dixit on the judges panel.
Kiku, who "hasn`t learnt dancing, but loves dancing", is practising with his choreographer Kruti to give neck-to-neck competition to other celebrity contestants. He`s also learning different dance forms.
"I have never learnt dancing, but I love dancing. Palak has its three to four signature moves. I cannot showcase just those on the `Jhalak...` stage since it`s a hardcore dance show. The tasks cannot be taken lightly."
"All the contestants are judged technically. I learn and practice different dance forms with my choreographer Kruti. I`ll be practising the Latin form of dance, which I have never done in my life," he said.
Kiku said as the show proceeds, he might get out of Palak`s get-up and perform as himself.
"I may not do the whole show as Palak. With time, I`ll get out of Palak`s get-up and perform being Kiku," he said.
Kiku is fond of dancing and this is not his first dance show. He was earlier seen in the sixth season of celebirty couple dance show `Nach Baliye` with his wife Priyanka Sharda, who he says also loves dancing.
`Jhalak...` is Kiku`s fourth TV show besides `Comedy Nights...`, which he says is his "main priority".
He is currently playing Akbar in the new show `Har Mushkil Ka Hal: Akbar-Birbal` and does small stints for `F.I.R` alongside TV actress Kavita Kaushik.
Handling the four shows altogether is a tough task for Kiku and he doesn`t get much sleep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tochi Raina to raise funds for Nepal quake victims
- Facing media not easy: Amitabh Bachchan
- Comedian-actor Reynaldo Rey dies
- Actor Wally Cassell dies
- Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch on sale for USD 100 million
- Harrison Ford flies for first time since crash
- 'Welcome 2 Karachi' review- troublesome twosome
- Kangana, Shahid to star in Vishal Bhardwaj's next?
- Charlie Weber marries fiancee
- Dharmendra is fit and fine: Esha Deol
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- '19 Kids and Counting' spin-off in works
- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus reunite on-screen
- Kendrick Lamar's special performance on Ellen's show
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Courtney Stodden's mother resigns as her manager
- Nepal earthquake recreated on 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein'
- Paul McCartney almost played Ross' father-in-Law on 'Friends'
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation