I get nervous before stage appearances: Manish Paul
New Delhi: He may be one of the most spontaneous and quirky hosts on Indian television but Manish Paul says he is always scared before appearing on stage.
The 32-year-old TV anchor, who will be seen hosting a show called `The Science of Stupid`, feels probably his fear prompts him to deliver his best.
"It is a fear that prompts me to do better. Honestly, I am very scared when I am backstage. I am not sure what I will do. But when I am on stage, I think God starts playing his role because I never remember what
I say during those moments. I get to know that the episode went well when other people come and tell me," Manish said in an interview. .
Talking about his new hosting gig on TV, Manish said he was attracted to the show because he was a bad science student.
"I was not a good science student. That was one of the reasons to take up this show because I thought I may get to learn something finally and I did learn quite a bit. My role required me to explain the science behind bizarre accidents," Manish said about the show, which premieres on July 21.
He was brought back to host the current season of `Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa` on popular demand and he credits TV for giving him a very loyal audience.
"I have already wrapped up `Science of Stupid` whereas I shoot Jhalak for only four days a month. Rest of the time goes to my film projects. TV is a very strong medium now and I got my recognition from TV.
People went to watch `Micky Virus` because they knew me through TV. Currently, I am enjoying the best of both worlds," he said.
Manish is awaiting the release of his second film, a sequel to `Tere Bin Laden`, which he promises would be better than the first movie.
"I can promise that this one will be better than the original film. In fact, you can call it a different film rather than calling it a sequel."
The `Micky Virus` actor has also signed a romantic comedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?
- Shubhangi Atre gets nervous for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai'!