‘I needed sleeping pills to switch off from the disturbing scene!’
Mumbai: In order to play a vicious husband in ‘Doli Armaanon Ki’, Mohit Malik resorts to sleeping pills to have a sound sleep post his high-voltage wife-beating scene.
Enacting the role of an abusive husband who physically hurts his wife is a deeply disturbing proposition for any man who respects women … and when you have an actor as cultured, warm and respectful towards the women in his own life as Mohit Malik, it’s only natural that he would feel depressed and disturbed playing the villainous role. Currently portraying the darkest side of human behavior in Zee TV’s Doli Armaanon Ki, Mohit is seen taking out his belt and viciously whipping his wife Urmi (played by Neha Marda).
Portraying the character of the chauvinistic, wife-beating Samrat effectively, the actor says, has been very taxing for him. Says Mohit, "I have been stressed for the last few days, I can`t even sleep. The scene required me to be violent and I kept thinking, `How can I do this? How can I look convincing as a man who beats up his wife?` I can`t imagine the plight of women who face domestic violence. The shoot was so disturbing that I had to take sleeping pills. It`s my wife Additie, who helped me through the crisis."
Settling his score with Urmi when she tried to prove him wrong in front of his entire family, Samrat ends up beating her with a belt. Not showing a sign of remorse, he continues his routine and goes to office the next morning like nothing as happened. Filing a complaint against him, Urmi ends up getting him jailed on the charge of Domestic Violence. While this took a toll on Mohit, it also ended up creating a lot of tension on the set, given the sheer negativity of the scene that the crew was shooting.
While otherwise, the entire team loves to share their meals and ensure that they gather around during lunch to have a pot luck of sorts, during this particular sequence, Mohit decided to stay isolated. Ensuring that nobody disturbs him while he gets the perfect look for the scene, Mohit kept to himself and barely spoke while they shot for the entire sequence. Asking his crew to keep everybody at a bay, he kept rehearsing his lines and dialogues in his head so that he gets done in a single take and can leave from the sets as soon as possible.
While the world is infuriated by the actions of his character, the actor himself shudders at the thought of the sequences he has recently shot for the show!
Do not miss, Doli Armaanon Ki, Monday – Friday at 10:30 PM, Only on Zee TV!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 695: Alia fixes Abhi-Tanu's wedding date
- 'Shivaay' promotions: Kajol, Ajay Devgn all set to brighten Diwali at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Ranbir Kapoor - Anushka Sharma - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan vs Salman Khan: TRP battle this weekend
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- Prince Narula talks about Badho Bahu co-star Rytasha Rathore, film offers and more