I never went away from my fans: Bhagyashree
New Delhi: Bhagyashree, best known for playing the love interest of Salman Khan in the movie `Maine Pyar Kiya`, started her career with TV show `Kachchi Dhoop` and now she`s returning to her roots with "Laut Aao Trisha". The actress is not ready to call it a "comeback" as she feels she`s always been in her fans` hearts.
"I have never felt that I went away from my fans. I have always been in their heart and so I don`t like the word comeback," Bhagyashree told reporters here while she was in the capital for the promotion of her forthcoming show, to be aired on an entertainment channel starting July 21.
An emotional thriller, `Laut Aao Trisha` is an intriguing story full of tricky plots and deals with "in family crimes".
Talking about her role, the 45-year-old said: "I play the role of Amrita Swaikar, an adamant mother who begins a quest to search for her missing daughter. The story is bold and thrilling and will also touch the issues that plague the society in a manner that is sensitive yet thought provoking.
"Such scenarios make us wonder if there is really a city for girls in India."
Born in a royal Marathi-speaking Patwardhan family, the actress says she wants to stand out by doing powerful roles and play substantial characters on the small screen.
"I don`t want to do regressive roles. I want to do strong substantial roles. It should excite me. And I don`t think that if I play a meek character, audiences will like it. They wouldn`t want me to do a weak character," Bhagyashree said.
Her decision to resume working was driven by her children`s request.
"My 19-year-old daughter went to London to pursue her studies last year and before she went, she took a promise saying, `We have really enjoyed the time that you spent with us but now you have to promise me that you will live your life for yourself. I want you to work. I want you to go and do what you have always enjoyed doing`," she said.
Bhagyashree, who is married to Himalaya Dasani, has two children - a son aged 22 and a 19-year-old daughter.
Having featured in other TV shows like "Aandhi Jasbaton Ki" and "Didi Ka Dulha" apart from a dance reality show like “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3”, the actress has also done some Bollywood and regional cinema.
In the time when she was away from the limelight of Bollywood, what did she do?
"I did a couple of movies in the south, travelled all over the world, which I really love to do, and looked after my family," said the actress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I could not relate to the role offered in 'Baadshaho': Diljit Dosanjh
- Children can make adult-like moral judgement: Study
- Ayushmann Khurrana to don a muscular look for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Don't think it will be difficult to gel with Farhan Akhtar: Kriti Sanon
- Independence, career more important than marriage in life: Reveals study on young singles
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- 'Pretty Little Liars' creator teases fans with finale spoilers
- Margot Robbie to host 'Saturday Night Live' season premiere
- Shot or saved? WATCH Priyanka Chopra's thrilling action sequence from 'Quantico 2'
- 'Big Bang Theory' stars top highest-paid TV actors list