I play Claire Danes` nemesis in `Homeland`: Nimrat Kaur
New Delhi: `The Lunchbox` actress Nimrat Kaur, who is all set to debut on American series `Homeland` as ISI agent Tasneem Kureshi, says she plays Claire Danes` nemesis on the show but is not sure whether she will share screen space with the Golden Globe-winning actress.
Danes has won three Emmy and four Golden Globe trophies for playing the lead role of CIA agent Carrie Mathison on the popular show.
Nimrat, 32, and `Life of Pi` star Suraj Sharma are the new additions to the fourth season of the hit thriller series. Nimrat will make her debut on the fourth episode of season 4.
"I have no idea that I have scenes with Claire Danes at this point. I play a mysterious person who is her nemesis on the show. Of course, it would be lovely to share screen space with her but every time I ask the writers they have this sweet smile on their faces, so I am not sure," Nimrat said in an interview.
The actress won international acclaim for playing a lonely housewife in Ritesh Batra`s `The Lunchbox`. Nimrat, however, believes `Homeland` would be her real introduction to the western audience.
"`Lunchbox` was an incredible gift for all of us, mostly for Ritesh and me but I feel `Homeland` would be my real introduction to the western audience because it already has a great viewership and fan following. I feel I have a big responsibility to be as true to the story as possible," Nimrat said.
The actress found working on the hit series "completely out of her comfort zone" but a good challenge.
"It was completely out of my comfort zone. Everything was up in the air. Normally, I am used to working after doing a lot of rehearsal but we were given the script just before shooting. It felt like I was doing a workshop," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?
- Deepika Padukone has big crush on Vin Diesel, has "amazing babies" with him in her head!
- Atta girl! Priyanka Chopra back on 'Quantico' sets after injury