I pray, I don`t get offers like `Jhalak...`: Sushil Kumar
New Delhi: The offer to participate in a glamorous show like ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ is difficult to resist, says KBC winner Sushil Kumar and hopes that he doesn`t get more such offers in future as he won`t be able to control the temptation to accept them.
Bihar-based Kumar became an overnight sensation when he won the bumper prize of Rs.5 crore in the fifth season of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) and now he is seen shaking a leg in ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’.
"After winning `KBC`, I went back home. Later, I came to Delhi to study for civil services exam. After the exam, I went back home. My exam did not go well. When I was studying, this offer came my way," Kumar, who worked as a computer operator before his big win, told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
"People like me, who are nowhere near to the glam-world, don`t get a chance to meet people whom we have always seen on screen. It is like a dream. Considering that I will be on TV and meet Madhuri-ji (Madhuri Dixit), I gave a nod to the show," he added.
‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’ went on air Saturday with 13 contestants and this time the judges panel includes Madhuri, filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer Remo D`Souza.
Kumar is competing with Gurmeet Chowdhary, Giaa Manek, Pratyusha Banerjee, Jayati Bhatia, Sanath Jayasuriya, Talat Aziz, Ravi Kishan, Isha Sharvani, Archana Vijaya, Shibani Dhandekar, Darsheel Safary and Bharti Singh for the title.
Talking about his plans to take up reality shows in future, Kumar says he is content with his life but offers are too tempting for him to say no.
"This is a very tough thing to say. I am happy with my studies and my life, but offers like this to meet people like Ishaji, Raviji, Madhuriji are quite attractive. I just pray to god that I don`t get such proposals in future because if it will be something interesting then I will take it up," he said.
Kumar says his wife, who loves watching TV, got excited when he got the ‘Jhalak...’ offer and motivated him to participate in it.
"I never watch TV but my wife follows every show. She could not control her excitement when `Jhalak...` team made the offer. She explained me about the concept of the show and motivated me to go ahead," said Kumar.
A non-dancer Kumar says the show is going to be an unforgettable experience.
"After winning KBC, I gained 20 kg in two months and here in `Jhalak...` I have lost 10 kg in 15 days. I am the person who eats rice twice a day and here I am eating only chapatis. I have been asked not to eat rice as it will make me drowsy and I will not be able to rehearse," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh goes gaga over Anushka Sharma!
- Shahid Kapoor reaches the 6 million mark on Twitter!
- Bombay High Court likely to hear Salman Khan's travel plea on Tuesday
- 'Peterson Hill' set relocated
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita Khan's wedding reception in Mandi
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- `Piku' crosses Rs 100 crore mark worldwide
- Aamir Khan visits Sonam Kapoor on the sets of 'Neerja'
- Rolling Stones kick off 'Zip Code' stadium tour in San Diego
- Katy Perry's gigs are mental: Charli XCX
- 10 Things you should definitely do in a lifetime
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Paltrow launches line of gluten-free organic ready meals
- I always apologise for 'Batman & Robin': George Clooney
- Kelly Rutherford awarded sole custody of her two children
- Jenelle Evans reconciles with abusive fiance?
- Jacques Audiard's "Dheepan" wins Palme d'Or at Cannes
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 45th birthday in Cannes
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks