I want to play a serious role in films: Sara Khan
Mumbai: Television actress Sara Khan, known for her show `Dhoond Legi Manzil`, who will be seen in comedy films "Aman Ki Asha" and `Maaya, Vanilla and Strawberries", says while she enjoys the genre, she would like to play a serious role as well.
"Comedy is an interesting genre. I have finished two comedy films. I enjoyed it. But I want to take up something very challenging and play a very serious character," she told reporters.
`Aman Ki Asha` has been directed by Neeraj Pandey and stars Ali Zafar and Yami Gautam. Sara Khan said that she plays Yami`s sister in the film.
"I was in Singapore and someone called me saying that that I am apt (for playing) Yami`s sister. I told them that I don`t play character artists. But they said I could call it a parallel lead. I found the character very interesting. It is a Neeraj Pandey story and I said that I would try it," she said.
The film has been shot in London, which is the actress`s hometown. This made it more enjoyable for her.
"I was brought up in London and the entire shoot was in London. We were there for a month. I loved the experience. We finished our schedule in 22 days. We faced a lot of challenges. But it was a very good experience," she said.
She will also be seen in `Maaya, Vanilla and Strawberries`, which stars `Fukrey` actor Ali Fazal and has been directed by Ravi Rai.
Talking about the kind of roles she would want to play in her future films, Khan said she is looking for performance-oriented characters.
"In movies, I would like to go for something like `Devdas` or `Dor`. That is something challenging. Everyone does glamorous roles. It is tough to get something which is completely acting-oriented. Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Shabana Azmi used to play these roles so beautifully," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump competing with Oscars with White House governors' ball
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Oscars 2017: WATCH- Red Carpet interview with Supporting Actor nominee Dev Patel
- Oscars 2017: Check out the nominees for the 89th Academy Awards
- 'Apollo 13' star Bill Paxton dies at 61
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- 'Walking Dead' T-shirt called racist, pulled from stores