I was a paid hypocrite on `Two And A Half Men`: Angus T Jones
Los Angeles: Former child-actor Angus T Jones has slammed `Two And A Half Men` since he feels the show makes light of certain serious situations.
The 20-year-old actor, who starred in the series for the last ten seasons, had criticised the show in 2012 by calling it `filth` and urged viewers to stop watching it, reportedly.
The actor said he was a "paid hypocrite" because his religious beliefs conflicted with his job as an actor in expressing the show`s adult content.
"It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people. I was a paid hypocrite because I was not ok with it and I was still doing it," Jones said.
After this incident, the show had downgraded his role as `Jake Harper` in the series to just a recurring role.
Jones also said that he regretted insulting Chuck Lorre`s television creation so severely and feels he should have approached it differently.
Although Jones has taken a break from acting now, he said he might star in religious-themed productions in the future.
"There`s a few different productions that like do kind of Bible-based stories. Stuff like that," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case
- Mahashivaratri: TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires them
- Jackie movie review: Natalie Portman imitates Jacqueline Kennedy effectively
- CONFIRMED! Deepika Padukone NOT attending the Oscars 2017
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala CM pats police for nabbing prime accused Pulsar Suni