I was a paid hypocrite on `Two And A Half Men`: Angus T Jones
Los Angeles: Former child-actor Angus T Jones has slammed `Two And A Half Men` since he feels the show makes light of certain serious situations.
The 20-year-old actor, who starred in the series for the last ten seasons, had criticised the show in 2012 by calling it `filth` and urged viewers to stop watching it, reportedly.
The actor said he was a "paid hypocrite" because his religious beliefs conflicted with his job as an actor in expressing the show`s adult content.
"It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people. I was a paid hypocrite because I was not ok with it and I was still doing it," Jones said.
After this incident, the show had downgraded his role as `Jake Harper` in the series to just a recurring role.
Jones also said that he regretted insulting Chuck Lorre`s television creation so severely and feels he should have approached it differently.
Although Jones has taken a break from acting now, he said he might star in religious-themed productions in the future.
"There`s a few different productions that like do kind of Bible-based stories. Stuff like that," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aamir Khan's 'Koffee With Karan' to be a solo affair?
- Katrina Kaif’s decision to reshoot ‘Fitoor’ scenes shortened Bigg Boss 10 contestant Jason Shah’s role in the film?