I was saturated with television: Anuj Saxena
New Delhi: Actor Anuj Saxena quit TV at a time when he was touted as one of the brightest stars on the small screen. Giving the reason for his departure, he said he had played the role for so long that he lost count of his on-screen girlfriends, wives and daughters.
After playing business man Abhay Kapoor in TV soap ‘Kkusum ... Ek Aam Ladki Ki Kahani’ for two years, he had had enough of it and decided to focus on his company Elder Health Care, which produces FMCG products.
"I was saturated with television. So many years of playing Abhay Kapoor! I had so many wives, girlfriends, and daughters that I lost count in the end. I wanted to focus on my business," Anuj, who is the managing director of Elder Health Care, told reporters.
However, the actor says the urge to act never left him during the hiatus of over six years.
"I had been offered many TV shows in the past. I even shot for a pilot episode for Star Plus show four months ago," he said.
To satiate his acting bug, Anuj decided to do films and making his debut on the big screen with ‘Paranthe Wali Gali’, which is theatre artist Sachin Gupta`s first directorial venture.
Was he comfortable working with a new director?
"I was not hesitant. There are a lot of wonderful debutant directors who have made wonderful film recently. Many big stars are working with them today," said Anuj, who is currently in the capital to shoot the film with co-star Neha Pawa.
Set in old Delhi, the movie is about two people who are completely opposite in nature and how they end up falling in love.
To be seen as a recluse in the film, Anuj elaborated about his character saying he plays "the role of a very serious man, who does not socialise or talk too much".
"I think it was very important for me that a director taps the right potential in me and then brings me to the silver screen. Sachin being a theatre personality can do it perfectly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri special: Day 1 - Worship Maa Shailputri for good fortune
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?
- Watch: Pooja Misrra creates ruckus, beats store staff in Delhi’s Karol Bagh
- Playboy says ‘NO’ to nudity - Magazine will not carry photos of naked women
- Sonu Nigam refutes news about being snubbed by Salman Khan
- Bigg Boss: Roopal Tyagi feels uneasy because of ex-boyfriend Ankit Gera
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle worried about boyfriend Keith’s 'friendship' with Mandana
- Bigg Boss Double Trouble Day 1: Happy day ends with sleepless night
- We want to be the ideal couple of 'Bigg Boss': Suyyash-Kishwar
- Not looking for film offers through 'Bigg Boss': Mandana Karimi