I was stunned with Family Guy death backlash: Seth Macfarlane
London: Seth Macfarlane, creator of animated TV series `Family Guy`, said he was stunned with fans` anger over the death of Griffin family`s pet dog Brian.
Macfarlane said he had no idea that fans had such deep connection to the character, reported Contactmusic.
In an episode aired in November, Brian was shown killed. But the crucial twist left the series fans angry. They demanded the resurrection of the character.
"We were all very surprised - in a good way - that people still cared about about that character to be that angry. It didn`t occur to us. We thought it would maybe create a little bit of a stir, but the rage was not something we counted on.
"Based on the numbers, it helped because it did what it was designed to do: It reminded people that this is still a show where anything can happen despite the fact that it`s been on for a while," Macfarlane said.
Responding to a query if he would repeat a similar stunt, he said, "Would I do it again? No, we already did it!"
The series revolves around the Griffins family that included parents Peter and Lois, their children Meg, Chris, and Stewie, and their pet dog Brian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals