I was stunned with Family Guy death backlash: Seth Macfarlane
London: Seth Macfarlane, creator of animated TV series `Family Guy`, said he was stunned with fans` anger over the death of Griffin family`s pet dog Brian.
Macfarlane said he had no idea that fans had such deep connection to the character, reported Contactmusic.
In an episode aired in November, Brian was shown killed. But the crucial twist left the series fans angry. They demanded the resurrection of the character.
"We were all very surprised - in a good way - that people still cared about about that character to be that angry. It didn`t occur to us. We thought it would maybe create a little bit of a stir, but the rage was not something we counted on.
"Based on the numbers, it helped because it did what it was designed to do: It reminded people that this is still a show where anything can happen despite the fact that it`s been on for a while," Macfarlane said.
Responding to a query if he would repeat a similar stunt, he said, "Would I do it again? No, we already did it!"
The series revolves around the Griffins family that included parents Peter and Lois, their children Meg, Chris, and Stewie, and their pet dog Brian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- Nach Baliye 8: Will Yuvraj Singh - Hazel Keech be a part of dance show?