I was stunned with Family Guy death backlash: Seth Macfarlane
London: Seth Macfarlane, creator of animated TV series `Family Guy`, said he was stunned with fans` anger over the death of Griffin family`s pet dog Brian.
Macfarlane said he had no idea that fans had such deep connection to the character, reported Contactmusic.
In an episode aired in November, Brian was shown killed. But the crucial twist left the series fans angry. They demanded the resurrection of the character.
"We were all very surprised - in a good way - that people still cared about about that character to be that angry. It didn`t occur to us. We thought it would maybe create a little bit of a stir, but the rage was not something we counted on.
"Based on the numbers, it helped because it did what it was designed to do: It reminded people that this is still a show where anything can happen despite the fact that it`s been on for a while," Macfarlane said.
Responding to a query if he would repeat a similar stunt, he said, "Would I do it again? No, we already did it!"
The series revolves around the Griffins family that included parents Peter and Lois, their children Meg, Chris, and Stewie, and their pet dog Brian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside