Issue-based projects satisfy Vikrant Massey
Mumbai: Actor Vikrant Massey, who recently made his debut as an anchor with TV series `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, has featured in social issue-based shows like `Balika Vadhu` and `Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo` in the past. He says such projects give him satisfaction.
"It has been my constant effort that the issues and ideologies which I believe in, I bring them on TV through my craft - be it in `Balika Vadhu`, where I highlighted the concept of widow remarriage or be it `Baba Aiso Varr...` or be it `Yeh Hai Aashiqui` that I am doing now," Vikrant said here Sunday.
He spoke at the launch of an episode of `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, which highlights a love affair of a sex worker.
Produced by BBC Worldwide and Lost Boy Productions, `Yeh Hai Aashiqui` airs on UTV Bindass. It deals with unconventional love stories and relationships that are considered taboo in the society.
"I want to do shows which are different and this is not for doing TV shows only, but also films. I get a sense of satisfaction by doing such projects and things," he added.
Besides daily soaps, Vikrant has been a part of Bollywood film `Lootera`.
Currently, he is also seen in Zee TV`s show `Qubool Hai` in a key role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own shit' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Ryan Gosling lends 'feminine energy' in bromance with Russell Crowe in 'The Graham Norton Show'
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside