Issue-based projects satisfy Vikrant Massey
Mumbai: Actor Vikrant Massey, who recently made his debut as an anchor with TV series `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, has featured in social issue-based shows like `Balika Vadhu` and `Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo` in the past. He says such projects give him satisfaction.
"It has been my constant effort that the issues and ideologies which I believe in, I bring them on TV through my craft - be it in `Balika Vadhu`, where I highlighted the concept of widow remarriage or be it `Baba Aiso Varr...` or be it `Yeh Hai Aashiqui` that I am doing now," Vikrant said here Sunday.
He spoke at the launch of an episode of `Yeh Hai Aashiqui`, which highlights a love affair of a sex worker.
Produced by BBC Worldwide and Lost Boy Productions, `Yeh Hai Aashiqui` airs on UTV Bindass. It deals with unconventional love stories and relationships that are considered taboo in the society.
"I want to do shows which are different and this is not for doing TV shows only, but also films. I get a sense of satisfaction by doing such projects and things," he added.
Besides daily soaps, Vikrant has been a part of Bollywood film `Lootera`.
Currently, he is also seen in Zee TV`s show `Qubool Hai` in a key role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Shraddha Kapoor feels grateful that her songs became huge hits!
- Gulshan Grover wishes the best for soon-to-be-married-- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover!
- In retrospect, Amitabh Bachchan recollects memories of Smita Patil!
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?