It`s an honour making `Star Wars`: JJ Abrams
Los Angeles: Filmmaker JJ Abrams has finally spoken about his involvement in the ‘Star Wars Episode 7’, saying it "is an absolute honor" helming the project.
The 46-year-old ‘Star Trek’ director also said working on a ‘Star Wars’ movie is a dream come true, reported E! Online.
"To be a part of the next chapter of the `Star Wars` saga, to collaborate with Kathy Kennedy and this remarkable group of people, is an absolute honor. I may be even more grateful to George Lucas now than I was as a kid," Abrams said.
‘Star Wars’ creator George Lucas was equally thrilled to welcome the ‘Super 8’ helmer to the space saga franchise.
"I`ve consistently been impressed with JJ as a filmmaker and storyteller. He`s an ideal choice to direct the new `Star Wars` film and the legacy couldn`t be in better hands," Lucas added.
Abrams will work for ‘Episode 7’ which screenplay is written by Oscar winner Michael Arndt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas