James Corden to replace Piers Morgan?
London: British actor and TV presenter James Corden is tipped to replace Piers Morgan as a judge on "Britain`s Got Talent" if he decides to quit.
Morgan is reportedly set to leave his judging role on the series after being announced as Larry`s King`s replacement on his late night CNN talk show.
According to sources, show boss Simon Cowell is a big fan of James - who shot to fame in sitcom "Gavin and Stacey" - and thinks he has what it takes to fill Piers` shoes.
"James is up for doing it. And Simon thinks he has the charisma and humour to carry the panel," femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
Show presenter Stephen Mulhern has revealed comedian Peter Kay also has chances of joining Amanda Holden and Simon on the judging panel.
"Peter would be fantastic. The show`s about all types of entertainers and someone like him on the judging panel would really spice it up," he said.
Morgan signed a contract worth $8.4 million to take over from Larry this week and afterwards admitted it was unlikely he would be able to continue to appear on "Britain`s Got Talent" and "America`s Got Talent" as well.
Speaking about his future on the two talent shows, he said: "Obviously some things are going to have to give."
Morgan will take over the show in January as part of a wider shake-up at CNN.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Barack Obama has trouble recalling deaths on 'Game of Thrones'
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- In pics: Meet the real-life 'Babita Ji' Munmun Dutta from 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'!
- Look what Ssharad Malhotra has to say about ex-girlfriend Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s marriage