Jaya Bachchan set for TV debut, hubby Amitabh happy
Mumbai: Jaya Bachchan is set for her debut on the small screen with fiction show `Vasundhara` and her husband and Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan says he is "happy" with her decision.
"Jaya is my wife and while talking to her we decided about it. She wants to work and I am very happy about it," Big B, who gave hit movies like "Mili", "Abhimaan" and "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" with Jaya, told reporters at an event here.
The show, said to be based on a Gujarati novel, will trace the life of a single parent. To be produced by Endemol, it will be aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
Also a member of the Samajwadi Party, Jaya`s last big release was "Drona".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas