Jaya Bachchan set for TV debut, hubby Amitabh happy
Mumbai: Jaya Bachchan is set for her debut on the small screen with fiction show `Vasundhara` and her husband and Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan says he is "happy" with her decision.
"Jaya is my wife and while talking to her we decided about it. She wants to work and I am very happy about it," Big B, who gave hit movies like "Mili", "Abhimaan" and "Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham" with Jaya, told reporters at an event here.
The show, said to be based on a Gujarati novel, will trace the life of a single parent. To be produced by Endemol, it will be aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
Also a member of the Samajwadi Party, Jaya`s last big release was "Drona".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rani Mukerji, Aditya Chopra’s first baby expected in January?
- Difference of opinion creates rift between Kangana Ranaut, Vishal Bharadwaj?
- I think we have too many holidays in this country: John Abraham
- HC imposes Rs.10 lakh fine on Ram Gopal Verma for remaking 'Sholay'
- Pamela Anderson's dog 'committed suicide'