Jennifer Hudson and Usher pay homage to Whitney on TV
Washington: Whitney Houston’s music was brought alive by Jennifer Hudson and Usher in ‘We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston,’ the 1-hour special - taped last month at the Nokia LA Live Theater in Los Angeles - and was broadcast on CBS on Tuesday.
Hudson, rocking a 80s-inspired look, kicked off the event with an energetic medley of ‘I’m Every Woman,’ ‘How Will I Know’ and ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody,’ CBS News reported.
Usher sang ‘I Believe in You and Me’ from ‘The Preacher’s Wife,’ and Celine Dion sang ‘The Greatest Love of All.’ “I can’t sing it like you, Whitney,” Dion said before her performance.
Spears sang Houston’s ‘I Have Nothing,” at the event.
Halle Berry, a big Houston fan, got choked up during her testimonial.
“She inspired a generation of little girls and women to believe in their own dreams and to know that they had within themselves the greatest gift of all,” she said.
“I was one of those little girls who then became a woman who never ever, ever, stopped loving Whitney Houston,” she revealed.
To coincide with the special, a new best-of collection came out this week, featuring a never-before-released track. A Houston photo tribute book, ‘Whitney: Tribute to an Icon,’ will be out on November 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success