Jennifer Lawrence trashes Oscar rivals on ‘Saturday Night Live’
New York: Jennifer Lawrence, who spent the last week in the spotlight, tried her hand at hosting ‘Saturday Night Live’ and the comedic odds certainly seemed in her favour.
The quirky ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ starlet began her opening monologue addressing the Meryl Streep comment once again, but also playfully bashed all of the other Oscar contenders in her category.
“I would never trash-talk any of my fellow nominees at the Golden Globes but the Oscars are another story,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
“Well, well, well. Look who it is Jessica Chastain. More like, Jessica Chas-ain’t winning no Oscar on my watch!” she said.
On Naomi Watts she said “you were in ‘The Impossible’. You know what else is impossible? You beating me on Oscar night.”
Even little Quvenzhane Wallis wasn’t spared.
“You think you can beat me? What you talkin’ bout, Wallis? ... The alphabet called. They want their letters back,” she added.
The 22-year-old actress went on to participate in several hilarious skits, including a spoof of her own movie ‘The Hunger Games’, reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- People find it difficult to accept TV stars in bold roles: Nia Sharma
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Sunil Grover pens heartfelt note to fans, says don’t know what the future holds!
- Sunil Grover still part of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' faces wrath on social media after fallout with Sunil Grover?