Jodha-Akbar take a break from `princely attire`
Mumbai: Jodha and Akbar, essayed by Paridhi Sharma and Rajat Tokas on television, will be seen as commoners in a coming episode which will require them to dress differently than what they usually wear in the period drama.
Akbar would want to take Jodha to a dargah to pray for her well being post her survival after the poisonous encounter with Benazir.
As a gesture of gratitude to the Almighty for the well being of Jodha, Akbar also wishes to build a palace for her in a town called `Fatehpur Sikhri`. In order to reach the place, the two decide to dress as commoners and pass the town not as the rulers of the state but as common people, said a statement.
The actors are looking forward to this costume change.
"It was a welcome break for us to not wear our usual princely attire but to experiment with the look of a commoner. It`s not half as heavy as the rich, ornate saris and jewellery that I generally wear as the queen," Paridhi said.
"In fact, it was a look I quite enjoyed getting into. Let`s hope the audience enjoy and appreciate the simplicity of this avatar," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's unprofessional to make baseless comments: Sunny Leone
- Orlando Bloom smitten with Brazilian actress Luisa Moraes
- Lily Allen's 'happy place' is Los Angeles?
- Salman Khan hit-and-run case: Hearing adjourned till July 13
- Look inside: Shahid, Mira Rajput's wedding card, Gurgaon hotel set for big day!