Jodha-Akbar take a break from `princely attire`
Mumbai: Jodha and Akbar, essayed by Paridhi Sharma and Rajat Tokas on television, will be seen as commoners in a coming episode which will require them to dress differently than what they usually wear in the period drama.
Akbar would want to take Jodha to a dargah to pray for her well being post her survival after the poisonous encounter with Benazir.
As a gesture of gratitude to the Almighty for the well being of Jodha, Akbar also wishes to build a palace for her in a town called `Fatehpur Sikhri`. In order to reach the place, the two decide to dress as commoners and pass the town not as the rulers of the state but as common people, said a statement.
The actors are looking forward to this costume change.
"It was a welcome break for us to not wear our usual princely attire but to experiment with the look of a commoner. It`s not half as heavy as the rich, ornate saris and jewellery that I generally wear as the queen," Paridhi said.
"In fact, it was a look I quite enjoyed getting into. Let`s hope the audience enjoy and appreciate the simplicity of this avatar," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You should be prepared for trolls on social media: Amitabh Bachchan
- Ranvir Shorey starrer 'Blue Mountains' to release in April
- I'm not judgmental about any character: Vicky Kaushal
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah' makers file complaint over leaked scenes
- Freedom is main attraction of hip-hop, says rapper Raftaar
- Raftaar's 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' rap song will make you say 'SAHI PAKDE HAI'!
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Oscars 2017 weirdest TV finale since 'Lost', says Jimmy Kimmel
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- Koffee With Karan: Check out Kapil Sharma's interesting advice to Twitterati