Julian Fellowes opts out of `Slumdog Millionaire` musical
New York: Creator of hit TV series ‘Downton Abbey’ Julian Fellowes has become the latest celebrity who has dropped out of a proposed musical version of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
Fellowes was in talks to take over the show after Danny Boyle, the movie’s director and Simon Beaufoy refused to participate after producer and TV mogul Paul Smith refused to hire the hit film’s full creative team, the New York Post reported.
A.R. Rahman, composer of hit song “Jai Ho,” then said that he wouldn’t let his tunes be used if Boyle wasn’t at the helm.
Soon after, replacements in talks to fill creative roles, including “Ghost: The Musical” director Matthew Warchus, fled over the ruckus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Priyanka Chopra to appear on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ again – WATCH teaser
- Deepika Padukone teaches James Corden the Lungi dance – WATCH super fun video
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?