Kapil Sharma in trouble again
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: Kapil Sharma has landed in trouble once again but this time over a joke he cracked on his show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’.
In one of the recent episodes, the star comedian joked about a pregnant woman delivering a baby while traveling on a road full of potholes, which women activists felt was derogatory and insulted womanhood.
Bhartiya Muslim Mahila Andolan and Kaydeshir Wagne, two NGOs have lodged a complaint with the Maharashtra State Women`s Commission seeking legal action against Sharma and the channel airing the popular show.
As a producer, Sharma had faced turbulent times when the set of his show was reduced to ashes following a short circuit. Soon after he built a new set, one of the prominent and popular characters from his show, Gutthi (played by Sunil Grover), chose to quit the show, stirring a massive controversy.
‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ became a super-hit show soon after its launch. Despite all the troubles, Sharma’s CNWK has topped TRP charts and continues to impress TV viewers in India and across the globe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'