KBC 2013 gets its first female crorepati
New Delhi: Firoz Fatma from Saharanpur has emerged the first female crorepati of the 2013 edition of popular reality TV game show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC).
She took home a jackpot of Rs.1 crore from the show, hosted by Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan. Her victory will be showcased on the season`s last episode Sunday.
A Bachelor of Science student from Uttar Pradesh, Fatma participated in the game show to win a certain amount to pay off her deceased father`s loan.
Fatma had lost hope to make it to the hot seat this season, but she finally found her lucky moment.
"I was very nervous when I wasn`t able to make it to the hot seat in the second last episode and felt I have to go home empty handed. But then I aced the fastest finger first round and made my way to the hot seat," Fatma said in a press statement issued post her Rs.1 crore victory.
"Also, I didn`t feel as the one-crore winner until the audience clapped and Bachchanji hugged me. It is a great feeling," she added.
Fatma credits her pool of general knowledge to newspapers and news channels.
Now the young lady wants to help her family get rid of her father`s loan, and invest some money in studying further for a brighter future. She also wants her mother to live a tension-free life.
KBC is the Indian adaptation of international format ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’. KBC first went on air in 2000.
Except the third season, which was hosted by Shah Rukh Khan, Big B has been in the anchor`s seat for all KBC seasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan on 'Comedy Nights LIVE'! Click for pic
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 606—Tanushree's plan to denigrate Pragya ends with a facepalm