KBC`s 1 cr winner wants to rebuild destroyed house in Kashmir
Mumbai: For Railway employee Manoj Kumar Raina, who is the first contestant to have won Rs one crore in the sixth season of `Kaun Banega Crorepati`, meeting megastar Amitabh Bachchan was his ultimate dream and says he would utilise this sum to build his house in native Kashmir.
"I am very happy to have won this huge amount but it was never my aim or dream when I participated in KBC," Raina, who is also the first contestant from Jammu and Kashmir, to get to the hot seat on the game show, told reporters.
He seemed very confident from the very beginning when he aced the Fastest Finger First round in just 5.6 seconds.
"Since the inception of KBC in 2000, I have been trying to come on the show. But it is all in destiny, I happened to come here this season and won Rs one crore. Through all these years, I kept myself updated with everything happening in India and around the world. I truly believe knowledge can help you reach the top," he said.
The 48-year-old, who works as an assistant with the Indian Railways, is an ardent fan of Big B.
"I am very big fan of Amitji, when he is happy I am smiling, when he is sad, I cry. He is a legend. My only intention was to meet Amitji and I felt that was possible only through KBC," he said.
"When I met him I found him very humble. He is very loving and affectionate. I will never ever forget the moment when I met him, shook hands with him and hugged him after I won," he added.
Raina lives in Jammu with his parents, wife and a 10-year-old son, who accompanied him to the sets of KBC.
On the state of affairs in Kashmir, he said, "In 1988, everything began going downhill. Everything was burnt down by militants and nothing was left."
"During militancy, my house in Kashmir Valley was destroyed. We were forced to leave the place. Since then I have been living in Jammu. With Rs one crore, I would like to build a house there and also I want to help under-privileged people in the area who are not receiving any help from any one. I would do help in whatever little way I can," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shinde files FIR against 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai' producer, accuses him of sexual harassment!
- FIR against Shirish Kunder for 'insulting' UP CM Yogi Adityanath!
- Alia Bhatt achieved everything on her own: Pooja Bhatt
- Sixth sense in women key self-defence, says Vidyut Jammwal
- The Voice India...' winner wants to playback for Salman Khan
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No 'conflict of interest' in ‘minister’ Navjot Singh Sidhu’s continuation on TV, says Punjab AG
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies