KBC winner Sushil Kumar to become the face of NREGA?
New Delhi: After winning the largest prize in the history of India’s most popular quiz show Kaun Banega Crorepati, Sushil Kumar, a simpleton from Motihari, Bihar has become hot property. Answering all question of the host Amitabh Bachchan, Sushil won an enormous bounty of Rs 5 crore and if reports are to be believed he may win an endorsement deal for the National Rural Job Guarantee Scheme.
According to sources, the Union Ministry for Rural Development is in talks to rope in Kumar to endorse the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, a ministry official said.
Kumar confirmed it and said he will accept the offer. "It will be an honour for me to be associated with the government scheme," he told the media.
While it is being seen as a smart move by ministry, advertising and branding experts feel that Sushil would work wonders to find a great connect to the government scheme.
The scheme guarantees 100 days employment in a year to every adult member of a rural family at an average pay of Rs 120 per day.
Details of the size of Sushil Kumar`s endorsement deal are not known. Kumar said he was not sure if he would endorse multiple deals if approached by others.
Way to go Sushil, you much deserve this!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'