Khap Panchayat lashes out at Aamir’s ‘Satyamev Jayate’!
Mumbai: Aamir Khan and his TV show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ have been dodging the constant bullets from doctors who have accused him of defamation. And now the Khap Panchayat, too, seems to have been irked against the actor. Known for their bizarre diktats and illogical rules, steeped in eccentricity, the Khap Panchayat hasn’t taken the June 3 episode of ‘Satyamev Jayate’ in a good light.
After Aamir Khan lodged a barrage of questions at members of a Khap Panchayat on the show that was aired last Sunday, the questioned have now demanded that Aamir’s show be taken off air. In the aforementioned episode, Khan had accused one of the several Khap Panchayats in Haryana of being instrumental in a case of dishonour killing. The accusation, it seems, hasn’t gone down well with the kangaroo courts.
"We are trying to safeguard social customs and traditions which are the backbone of any society," said Randhir Singh, president of Meham Chaubisi khap panchayat to a leading daily.
Amidst allegations of twisted representations of their statements and shrewd editing on the part of the producers, the ‘Satyamev Jayate’ team has been maintaining their silence on the entire issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes