Kratika Sengar performs Bharatnatyam on `Pavitra Rishta`
New Delhi: Kratika Sengar is all set to showcase her prowess over classical Bharatnatyam in the upcoming Ganesha Chaturthi special episode of ‘Pavitra Rishta’.
"I am performing a classical dance to the song `Man mohini` from `Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam` in Ganesha Chaturthi celebrations in `Pavitra Rishta`. The evocative lyrics and the drama infused by Shankar Mahadevan`s spirited vocal style make this song a personal favourite," said the actress.
Kratika is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer, and loved the experience of shooting for the episode, to be aired on Zee TV, Saturday.
"I had been out of touch with Bharatnatyam, an art form I had trained in for over five years. But given my love for the form and my training, I was able to pick up the steps rather quickly. I loved the way the entire act was choreographed and the look chosen for me. I hope the audience enjoys it just as much," she added.
Kratika`s dance cameo will be seen alongside exciting dance performances by several actors of the channel. Among other performers are actor Gaurav Chopra, Ravi Dubey, Nandish Sandhu, Kinshuk Mahajan and Narayani Shastri.
Evergreen actor Jeetendra will also make an appearance on the show and partake in a an aarti.
The key actors of ‘Pavitra Rishta’ - Hiten Tejwani, Ankita Lokhande, Rithwik Dhanjani and Asha Negi will be seen performing not just dance acts, but will offer prayers to lord Ganesha and perform Ganesha immersion, in this special episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception
- Kangana Ranaut records statement with cops in connection with Hrithik's FIR
- Would love to work with Mouni Roy again: Mohit Raina
- Actors are incomplete without fans: Divyanka Tripathi
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- Don't want to disappoint fans of 'Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain': Shubhangi Atre
- WTH! 'The Kapil Sharma Show' to go off air soon?