Kritika Kamra to experiment with the horror genre on TV
Mumbai: Popular small screen actress Kritika Kamra of `Kuch Toh Log Kahenge` fame feels that television is monotonous and tedious but that is where the challenge lies.
Kritika did a TV serial before she bagged Ekta Kapoor`s show `Kitani Mohabbat Hai` that made her popular. Then she appeared in `Kuch Toh Log Kahenge` as Dr Nidhi, which was also appreciated by the audience.
The last episode of this show, which is loosely based on Pakistani soap `Dhoop Kinare,` will reportedly aired on March 28.
"TV shows do become tedious but that is the challenge you face. That is how this medium is.. Like if you keep doing same kind of work again and again it becomes monotonous. TV is monotonous but that is the challenge that you overcome. But if the show is interesting then you don`t feel it," Kritika said.
She will be seen next in Ekta Kapoor`s upcoming tele series `Ek Thi Naayka` as a part of the promotions for the supernatural thriller `Ek Thi Daayan` (co-produced by Vishal Bhardwaj and Balaji Motion Pictures -Ekta Kapoor).
It will feature the television industry`s top most actresses, coming together for the first time, in a thrilling and spooky series based on the `daayan` characters in the forthcoming film.
All of Ekta`s favourite leading ladies from her top-rated television series including Smriti Irani, Sakshi Tanwar, Aamna Sharief, Mauli Ganguly, Shweta Tiwari, Pooja Gaur and Ankita Lokhande will be part of this tele series.
Kritika will play a Punjabi girl from Chandigarh in the series.
"I play a Punjabi girl from Chandigarh, who is newly married. She is happy. The story is about how I start to lose my love of life, husband and what starts going wrong and I try to find out things," she said.
Talking about the horror genre on TV, Kritika says, "Before this show I have never been impressed with the genre of horror on TV. Cinema horror has become better that we expect same from TV. This show that I am doing is different. It is a cult story more than horror."
The series will commence from March 9.
When asked what she wants to do next, she said, "I am ready to experiment everything and anything but that is why I am doing this ('Ek Thi Naayika'). There is no announcement as of now from my side."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aamir Khan's 'Koffee With Karan' to be a solo affair?
- Katrina Kaif’s decision to reshoot ‘Fitoor’ scenes shortened Bigg Boss 10 contestant Jason Shah’s role in the film?
- Salman Khan’s hilarious responses to Karan Johar’s questions will stump you!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser