Kym Valentine set to return to `Neighbours`
Australian actress Kym Valentine is returning to her role on long-running soap opera `Neighbours`, just months after settling a discrimination lawsuit with TV bosses behind the show.
The star played Libby Kennedy on the popular series between 1994 and 2004, when she left to focus on motherhood. She returned in 2007 but took time out on several occasions between 2008 and 2011 due to health issues.
She has not been seen on-screen since that year, and last July, Valentine launched legal action against production company FreemantleMedia Australia and the show`s former producers, Susan Bower and Neal Kingston, over allegations of unlawful discrimination.
She demanded compensation for lost wages, an apology and reinstatement to the show.
A settlement was reached in November, although the terms were kept confidential.
Now the actress has confirmed she will reprise her role for three weeks as part of a celebration marking her on-screen parents` 20 years on the soap.
A statement from the actress reads, "I`m really looking forward to catching up with old friends at `Neighbours`, as well as getting to know many of the new cast.
Playing Libby was a very important part of my life and I can`t wait to reintroduce audiences to her.
Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne play Valentine`s on-screen parents Karl and Susan Kennedy. The episodes will air later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Priyanka Chopra downs tequila shot on Television, quips about how Indians love spirits