Lily Allen`s `Bridget Jones` soundtrack dropped
London: Singer Lily Allen`s soundtrack for a planned `Bridget Jones` musical has been axed.
The 29-year-old `Smile` hitmaker penned a score for the stage show based on the novel by Helen Fielding, but after months of delays the pop star has revealed she is "out of the picture" and Fielding is writing an entirely new script, reportedly.
"I wrote some great music for it but Helen Fielding wants to go back and write a whole new story. It`s been a long-term project and I was happy to do my bit but I`m now out of the picture," Allen said.
The musical was originally due to open in London`s West End in 2011 but suffered a series of setbacks, including the exit of lead actress Sheridan Smith in 2012.
She had been tapped for the title role made famous by Renee Zellweger in the movie series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Jallikattu row: Kamal Haasan appeals for calm, says 'none can take away your rights'
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'