Lily Allen`s `Bridget Jones` soundtrack dropped
London: Singer Lily Allen`s soundtrack for a planned `Bridget Jones` musical has been axed.
The 29-year-old `Smile` hitmaker penned a score for the stage show based on the novel by Helen Fielding, but after months of delays the pop star has revealed she is "out of the picture" and Fielding is writing an entirely new script, reportedly.
"I wrote some great music for it but Helen Fielding wants to go back and write a whole new story. It`s been a long-term project and I was happy to do my bit but I`m now out of the picture," Allen said.
The musical was originally due to open in London`s West End in 2011 but suffered a series of setbacks, including the exit of lead actress Sheridan Smith in 2012.
She had been tapped for the title role made famous by Renee Zellweger in the movie series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian TV actress Sara Khan gears up for a show in Pakistan!
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Brett Lee to shoot for 'Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain!'
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more