Maggie Gyllenhaal wants a role in Downton Abbey
London: Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal says she would love a part on the ITV period drama `Downton Abbey`.
The `Secretary` actress said she is not sure what kind of character she would play on the show which also stars Michelle Dockery, Maggie Smith and Hugh Bonneville, reportedly.
"I love Downton. I would totally love to be in it. But I don`t know how I would fit in.
"There is this parlour game where people say who they would be and a friend said she would of course be Lady Mary. She said I would be the cousin who sleeps with everybody! A rich English playgirl!," she said.
The 36-year-old actress is set to make her television debut in the eight-part drama `The Honourable Woman`.
"I chose this because of the script. I had never read a script with a woman like this. I thought I was going to trust it. It is such a scary thing (the Middle East) for most people to talk about that I think people are hungry for ways to sit and think about it. I have never been more proud of anything I have ever worked on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'