Maggie Gyllenhaal wants a role in Downton Abbey
London: Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal says she would love a part on the ITV period drama `Downton Abbey`.
The `Secretary` actress said she is not sure what kind of character she would play on the show which also stars Michelle Dockery, Maggie Smith and Hugh Bonneville, reportedly.
"I love Downton. I would totally love to be in it. But I don`t know how I would fit in.
"There is this parlour game where people say who they would be and a friend said she would of course be Lady Mary. She said I would be the cousin who sleeps with everybody! A rich English playgirl!," she said.
The 36-year-old actress is set to make her television debut in the eight-part drama `The Honourable Woman`.
"I chose this because of the script. I had never read a script with a woman like this. I thought I was going to trust it. It is such a scary thing (the Middle East) for most people to talk about that I think people are hungry for ways to sit and think about it. I have never been more proud of anything I have ever worked on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Abu Azmi backs Salman Khan, says Shiv Sena indulging in 'theatrics'
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- First day of Bollywood Music Project ends with a bang
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!
- Adnan Sami gets flak from 'outraged' Pakistanis
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 679—Alia instigates Abhi to propose Tanu for marriage!
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside