Manish Paul bags best anchor trophy at Telly Awards
Mumbai: Having anchored several shows on the small screen, Manish Paul not only proved his skills, but also won the best anchor trophy at the Indian Telly Awards.
The 31-year-old got maximum votes from fans and walked away with the winner`s trophy Saturday. He was competing with the likes of Amitabh Bachchan (‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’), Salman Khan (‘Bigg Boss’) and Aamir Khan for (‘Satyamev Jayate’) the title. Karan Kundra (‘Gumrah’) and Anup Soni (‘Crime Petrol’) were also nominated in the category.
Manish entertained with his wit and humour on shows like ‘Dance India Dance Li`l Masters’ and ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar’. However, he was hugely appreciated for his energetic and spontaneous performance on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’ as its host.
"I can`t even tell you how excited I am. Being nominated with Mr. Bachchan, Aamir and Salman was a big deal but winning is like an icing on the cake. I don`t have enough words but just want to thank my audience for voting for me and making me the winner," Manish said on phone.
Meanwhile, Manish is ready to embark on his celluloid journey as a lead actor with debutante director Saurabh Verma`s movie ‘Mickey Virus’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'