Manish Raisinghani eyes Bollywood
Mumbai: Television actor Manish Raisinghani, who was seen in a small role in Madhur Bhandarkar`s `Heroine`, says he is keen to do action and comedy films.
The actor clarified that `Heroine` was "a friendly favour" to Bhandarkar and he is not looking for similar roles in the future.
"I intend to do films but `Heroine` was a friendly film for Madhur`s sake but that is not the kind of roles I am looking for. I would like to do action, comedy and I am in talks with people at the moment," he told IANS.
Manish is currently a part of Colors` show "Sasuraal Simar Ka" and said that he doesn`t feel he can take something up for at least another year on TV.
"The show is going really well, so I don`t think I can take up anything else for another year. I go by directors and producers as I chose to do quality work. I go with people who don`t think they are making a daily soap, they regard it as art. I would like to work with such people," he said.
Manish was seen opposite Avika Gor from `Balika Vadhu` on the show and said that initially it was very tough for people to accept them as a couple on screen.
"There was a lot of resistance from the audience and people in industry. But from that, where people hated the couple, now there is a fanatic fan following. We did our best to convince that age difference does not matter. I think it is all about conviction and we are convincing enough for the audience," he said.
He also says, "I love my work and for me it is like going to school everyday."
"I learn from everyone, every co-actor...there is so much to learn," said Manish, who was also the part of shows like `Teen Bahuraniyaan`, `Rang Badalti Odhani`, `Kahiin to Hoga`, `Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai` amongst others.
But does TV get monotonous?
"To break the monotony, I do a lot of things, I do a lot of fashion shows and shoots. I do photography. Also, every time I get an off, I run away from Bombay," he said.
Talking about his future plans, he said: "I am meeting people. Keeping my fingers crossed for films. In TV, you do one episode and people forget about it. I want to create that masterpiece in films which is on the racks of every wall where people come and watch it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Justin Theroux reveals secret to his happy marriage with Jennifer Aniston
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- Shooting for Anil Kapoor starrer '24' Season 2 wrapped up!
- There's leg pulling, no insulting on 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Krushna Abhishek
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Pearl V Puri joins 'Nagarjun - Ek Yoddha'