Meryl Streep`s daughter to play Mitt Romney`s reporter
Los Angeles: Actress Meryl Streep daughter Grace Gummer has landed a role in TV drama `The Newsroom`.
Gummer, 26, who appeared in films like `Meskada` and `Larry Crowne`, will have a recurring role on the HBO`s upcoming drama series, said the Hollywood Reporter.
She will play Hallie Shea, a reporter who is embedded with the US Presidential hope Mitt Romney campaign.
Gummer, who co-starred in Nickelodeon`s `Gigantic`, guest-starred on NBC`s `Smash` last season as the daughter of Eileen (Anjelica Huston).
Her sister, Mamie Gummer, stars in the CW`s freshman drama `Emily Owens, MD`.
The date for the second season of `The Newsroom` is yet to be decided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- TV hottie Nia Sharma lets her hair down in Dubai – See pics
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Neha Marda’s latest romantic Instagram lomotif post will give you relationship goals