Michael Palin to receive BAFTA fellowship at TV Awards
London: Actor Michael Palin is set to be presented with the prestigious British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Fellowship honour at the organisation`s upcoming TV Awards in recognition of his lengthy career.
The 70-year-old `Monty Python` star will be handed the Academy`s highest accolade at the London prize giving on May 12 and he is overjoyed with the prize, reported Daily Star.
"A Bafta Fellowship is a very high honour for anyone working in television. I`m well aware that any success I`ve had is down to teamwork. I`ve been blessed throughout my career with the inspiration and support of others. The Fellowship is for all of us," Palin said.
BAFTA chairman John Willis said, "Michael Palin, ex-Python, writer, presenter and BAFTA-winning actor whose amiable on-screen manner belies the seriousness of his craft, has made an incredible contribution to the medium over five decades.
"There are few individuals more worthy than Michael of the Fellowship, the highest honour the Academy can bestow."
Palin has already won three BAFTAs - special awards were handed to him in 2005 and 2009, and he bagged 1989`s Best Actor in a Supporting Role trophy for his role in `A Fish Called Wanda`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' FRESH STILLS will leave you mesmerised!
- Are blackheads giving you nightmares? Relax, and watch this video
- Observed Ranbir's style to sing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' song: Arijit Singh
- What made Sohail Khan shift focus to direction, production? Here's the truth
- Sanjay Dutt is still all 'bhai bhai' with Salman Khan? Scoop inside
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 655—Abhi is lost in Pragya's thoughts!
- I don't allow my son to watch TV: Shilpa Shetty
- Trouble in Vivian D'Sena and Vahbiz Dorabjee marriage? Deets inside
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'!
- 'Bigg Boss 10' promo out, Salman Khan turns astronaut for reality show!- WATCH