Michael Sheen nominated at Welsh Bafta
London: Welsh actor Michael Sheen has picked up a nomination for a top acting honour in his home country`s version of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (Bafta) Awards.
The 44-year-old star is in the running for the best actor prize at the forthcoming Bafta Cymru ceremony for his role in `The Passion`, which he filmed on the streets in his hometown of Port Talbot, reported Daily Express.
Sheen will face competition from Mark Lewis Jones (Stella) and Rhodri Meilir (Gwlad yr Astra Gwyn) at this year`s event, which is due to take place in Cardiff on September 29.
Benedict Cumberbatch`s crime drama `Sherlock` has landed four nominations, including a mention in the best TV drama category.
Actress Ruth Jones is up for best actress for her lead role in `Stella`, and she will also compete for the best writer award for penning the show, which landed 10 Bafta Cymru nominations in total.
"We are excited to be able to bring together the very best representatives of the creative industries in Wales in order to recognise the time, energy, determination and hard work that goes into making and producing creative media, TV and film programmes here. We`re sure to see some very worthy winners rewarded for their efforts on the evening," Bafta Cymru director Allison Dowzell said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lena Headey reveals second baby gender
- Blake Lively calls Ryan Reynolds 'hypocrite'
- Josh Duggar cancels Ohio appearance amid child molestation scandal
- Kanye West is a bit eccentric: Paul Mccartney
- Colin Farrell praises Ireland voters for legalising gay marriage
- Ageism in Hollywood is alive and well: Jane Fonda
- Nick Jonas 'too short' to play James Bond
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' mansion up for sale
- Sharon Osbourne taking one-month break
- Lively called Reynolds a 'hypocrite'
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Mani Ratnam to be honoured at Venice
- Deepika planned her look to score over Aishwarya at Cannes!
- Mallika Sherawat promotes `Hisss` with snakes
- Shekhar Kapur to helm two segments of `Love Berlin? How We Met`
- Deepika one-up on Ash in first Cannes appearance
- Indian designers approve Aishwarya`s Cannes gown
- India’s tryst with French Riviera – Cannes 2010
- `I Am Kalam` to be screened at Cannes film festival
- Documentary on ancient India to be screened at Cannes
- Mrinal Sen`s masterpiece to be screened in Cannes
- Cannes calling for film on Naga hunters
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2015: Meghalaya Board HSSLC 12th Class Arts Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 10th SSLC Results 2015: Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Andrzej Duda wins presidential election in Poland: Exit poll