Mike Tyson`s show picked up by HBO
Los Angeles: Boxing champion-actor Mike Tyson`s one-man stage show has landed him his first TV special.
The 46-year-old actor`s show `Undisputed Truth` is to be filmed by HBO Films for a broadcast later this year. The project will be directed by Spike Lee, who championed and mentored Tyson throughout his theatrical run, said the Hollywood Reporter.
`Undisputed Truth` debuted in Las Vegas in 2012 and has since enjoyed success on Broadway and on tour across the US.
"I`m incredibly grateful to HBO for partnering with me and for believing in my story. It is an honour and a privilege to be working with them to bring my one-man show, `Undisputed Truth`, to life on the television screen," Tyson said.
Tyson`s wife Kiki is among the show`s producers and she will also co-write her husband`s dialogue for the HBO special.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch