Mike Tyson`s show picked up by HBO
Los Angeles: Boxing champion-actor Mike Tyson`s one-man stage show has landed him his first TV special.
The 46-year-old actor`s show `Undisputed Truth` is to be filmed by HBO Films for a broadcast later this year. The project will be directed by Spike Lee, who championed and mentored Tyson throughout his theatrical run, said the Hollywood Reporter.
`Undisputed Truth` debuted in Las Vegas in 2012 and has since enjoyed success on Broadway and on tour across the US.
"I`m incredibly grateful to HBO for partnering with me and for believing in my story. It is an honour and a privilege to be working with them to bring my one-man show, `Undisputed Truth`, to life on the television screen," Tyson said.
Tyson`s wife Kiki is among the show`s producers and she will also co-write her husband`s dialogue for the HBO special.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oscars 2017: Auditors issue apology for Best Picture gaffe
- Casey Affleck emerges from brother Ben`s shadow with Oscar win
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- 'Sahiba' from Anushka Sharma, Diljit Dosanjh starrer 'Phillauri' will soothe your soul
- Late Bollywood actor Om Puri remembered at Oscars 2017
- Hugh Jackman breaks 'Wolverine Fast' on Jimmy Fallon's show
- Anupam Kher wraps shooting for 'The Indian Detective' in Cape Town
- Rishi Kapoor wants 'Rendezvous With Simi Garewal' back on air
- Sasural Simar Ka: Dipika Kakar out, Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar in
- CBI opposes TV actor Anuj Saxena's bail plea in graft case