Milk for `Indian Idol Junior` kids courtesy Farhan Akhtar, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
Mumbai: Filmmaker Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and actor Farhan Akhtar made the young contestants of singing reality show "Indian Idol Junior" drink a glass of milk each, as part of a promotional stint for their forthcoming movie "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag".
The movie is a biopic on the life of athlete Milkha Singh, and Mehra said milk was relevant during this promotion since, as a child, Milkha Singh used to drink a lot of it.
"Milkha Singh loved milk since childhood and there were a lot of cows and buffaloes at his house. He used to drink even his brothers` and sisters` share of milk. He was quite naughty," Mehra said here.
The host of the show Mandira Bedi, and one of the judges, composer-singer Shekhar Ravjiani also drank a glass each along with the child contestants.
Mehra shared how milk was the reason Milkha ran his first race after joining the army.
"When he went to the army, he ran his first race because as a rule, all those who stood 1 to 10 (in the race) daily, would get one glass of milk daily as part of special diet. So we thought there is nothing better than milk. There are kids here, junior `Indian Idols`," he said.
"Bhaag Milkha Bhaag", releasing July 12, stars Sonam Kapoor as the female lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Massive crowd erupts at Vadodara railway station to see Shah Rukh Khan; 2 injured in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: THIS international superstar made the comedian say 'Oh My God'
- Priyanka Chopra gears up for ‘Live with Kelly’
- Koffee With Karan: Tiger Shroff opens up about his crush; Jackie Shroff talks about the leading lady of his times
- When Sunny Leone played mother to Salman Khan – Shah Rukh Khan!
- Nepal's Teriya Magar wins 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa', says 'dance is my true love'