Movie award shows have reduced to TV shows, says John Abraham
Mumbai: Actor-turned-producer John Abraham, who has been in the industry for a decade now, says Bollywood award shows have been reduced to prime-time television shows and believes they can never reach the level of a fair award.
"All our award shows are television shows. Actors have to dance on those shows for television rating points. So it is a channel thing," the 40-year-old said here Wednesday at a promotional event for his film ‘I, Me aur Main’.
Asked why is Bollywood not able to reach the level of the recently-held Oscars in Hollywood, he said: "We don`t have any single award which is a serious award, so I don`t think we will ever reach that level of a fair award. The actor who will dance will get the award and I think that`s the way it has been happening."
However, John feels this year he has observed a change and good films have bagged awards.
"Last year all awards have been pretty fair, to be very honest, as new and different films like `Paan Singh Tomar`, `Vicky Donor`, `OMG: Oh My God!`, `English Vinglish`, `Kahaani` - they have all bagged a lot of awards. I believe we still need to make a legitimate award. I don`t think we have reached that level of maturity," John said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New short film for Valentine's Day
- With 'Neerja' Sonam Kapoor might find herself: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Shah Rukh Khan's car attacked while shooting for 'Raees'
- You will love this! Robust Salman Khan freezes frame with Anushka Sharma for 'Sultan'-- See pic
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Salman Khan will host ‘Bigg Boss’ season 10 – There’s something new in store
- Gautam Rode approached for 'Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat'
- Sonali Kulkarni excited about cameo on TV
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game