My expenses are being managed by reality shows: Rahul Mahajan
New Delhi: After stepping into showbiz with `Bigg Boss` and having a dream wedding on television, Rahul Mahajan says reality shows are helping him manage his expenses.
The 39-year-old, son of late politician Pramod Mahajan, is currently a participant on the dance based show `Nach Baliye` with wife Dimpy Ganguly. Rahul said these reality shows have always come to him as a life-saver.
"I have a very different career in TV. I think nobody has ever got so many opportunities. I became popular with `Bigg Boss`, got my life partner without spending a single penny from my pocket. Went to honeymoon when I was judging `Comedy Circus` and now Dimpy and I are doing `Nach Baliye`. So, I can say that my expenses are being managed by reality shows," Rahul said.
The couple, who tied the knot on the reality show `Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega`, were in the Capital recently to hunt for the 12th pair for the fifth season of Star Plus` celebrity dance show `Nach Baliye`.
Rahul, who is from a non-dancing background, credited his wife for being a good dancer but admitted he is having a tough time learning the various dance forms.
"I was a pilot before and have never tried to dance. When I got the opportunity to be a part of `Nach Baliye` and told my mother about it, she started to laugh. She said I have been doing everything which nobody in my family has ever done.
"I am learning many new dance forms here but I must say they are really taxing. It`s because of Dimpy that we are managing good scores everytime. Had I been asked to participate alone in the show, I would have been eliminated on the very first day," he said.
Rahul recently paid a tribute to his father on the show, with whom he shared a very close bond. In the act, Rahul takes Dimpy down the memory lane on the song `Kitni baatein` from `Lakshya`.
The touching performance brought tears to the eyes of all contestants and judges.
"When I came on the show, I didn`t know that dance could actually make it easy for me to express my feelings without saying anything. But, this act was not aimed at gaining marks or votes. It was just a tribute to my father. We actually chose the song `Papa Kehte Hain` but it didn`t work out at the end," he said.
Asked whether he would like to follow his late father`s footsteps and join politics, Rahul said, "No, I don`t feel like. It`s something which I will never do."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Priyanka Chopra to appear on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ again – WATCH teaser
- Deepika Padukone teaches James Corden the Lungi dance – WATCH super fun video
- Deepika Padukone makes black look the best colour as she steps out for 'The Late Late Show' by James Corden!
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Bigg Boss 10: Monalisa – Vikrant Singh Rajpoot have been paid to get married?